11.18.2011

Sans fear

Dear Singapore Stranger,


Thank you for that piece of happenstance and the wonderful conversations down Orchard Road.

That local ice cream parlor in Paris, I will wonder about it for some time. Your description of the Taj Mahal has only heightened my desire to go to India and Nepal. Maybe one day I'll set foot in those countries. Whether or not I get to say hi to you, my thoughts will flit over to your anecdotes and descriptions, and maybe I could linger in them for a bit as I come up with my own.

You're shelved under "happy random memory" now. You had me believing that, yes, contrary to how reality looked when I left, all is not lost. Decent and interesting human beings still walk the Earth, and some of them even go with kind eyes.

Be well on your way.

:)

1 comment: