3.06.2012

A shoutout to Death Cab for Cutie


And the news reports on the radio
Said it was getting worse
As the ocean air fanned the flame.
But I couldn't think of anywhere I would have rather been
To watch it all burn away.
To burn away.


...and how appropriate that the best show I've ever seen would be right here in Manila. Thank you, Death Cab for Cutie, thank you, Ben Gibbard, for going all out. That was such an awesome, awesome performance you gave last night. I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience or a person who regrets being poorer by a few thousands. We all went home with shaken souls and swelling hearts, but all of us were also a tad more human than before your concert began.

Final shoutout: MANILA LOVES YOU, DCFC!

***Video of DCFC live in Manila where Ben Gibbard delivers his "I apologize on behalf of the band for not coming sooner" spiel + plays "Grapevine Fires" from Narrow Stairs

No comments:

Post a Comment